My Bucket List

I started this list in the year 2003 with the intention of finding things to look forward to in my life. I had just gone through a lot of big changes - falling in love with someone who couldn't return it, changing my major (which was a HUGE deal for me) and facing my childhood sexual abuse head on. I was in a depression and was struggling to find my grounding again. My Reslife Supervisor, Lissa, told me about a woman who made a list of 100 things to do before she died and encouraged me to do the same.

So, here it is. My list, my past, my present, my future. My only rule is to complete at least one a year and to complete any that are made available to me financially. Here is my written account of these accomplishments.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

#16. Grow my hair out for Locks of Love

In college I had this long, beautiful mane of slightly curly, strawberry-blond hair. People knew me by my hair. I identified myself by my hair sometimes. I wasn't going to grow it out for any specific reason until people started asking me if Locks of Love was why it was so long. It went down past the middle of my back, so it was a valid question. I started off saying "I don't know" and ended up saying "Yes I am!".

I cut off 14 inches for Locks of Love while I was home on spring break during my sophomore year of college. It happened at Great Clips. I didn't cry and I didn't really get emotional. I was just happy that someone would enjoy a beautiful wig in the future.

I'll never forget Eric Shamo walking right past me because he didn't realize it was me with the short bob cut. He eventually did a double take and came over to express his disbelief that all my hair was gone.

It was a good experience. I've always been complimented on my unique hair color, so I'm delighted that some beautiful woman will feel even more beautiful with my hair on her head!

No comments:

Post a Comment